Follow the trials and tribulations of running, my company, Sin Desserts, a custom cake business in Providence, Rhode Island. See some of the fun cakes we make and learn about the ups and downs of owning a business.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
I will be appearing on our local FOX Rhode Show, tomorrow, Wednesday, October 21st @ 8am.
Tune in to see me make a delicious Chocolate Cake w/ a Spicy Pumpkin Mousse!
The recipes I will be using are below- so get ready to BAKE!!!
Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake
4.50ozButter (1 stick)
16ozBrown Sugar (2 cups)
6.25oz Sour Cream (3/4 cup)
10ozFlour (2 cups)
1) Heat milk and butter and stir/heat until melted.
3) Sift cocoa into sugar, add cocoa mixture to milk mixture and whisk till smooth.
4) Whisk sour cream, eggs and vanilla together. Stir into milk mixture.
5) Sift flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Fold or gently mix into batter.
6) Pour into an 8" pan. Bake at 325, for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (Seems to take a bit longer to bake than other cakes)
Spicy Pumpkin Mousse
15ozPumpkin -- canned
3cup Heavy Cream
Ginger Snaps -- garnish
1. Combine pumpkin, 1 cup cream, sugar and spices in a medium saucepan.
2. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Cool fully.
3. Whip remaining heavy cream and vanilla to soft peaks.
4. Fold into cooled pumpkin mixture.
5. Pour into a serving dish and crumble the ginger snaps over top before serving.